As a result of taking part in the JVLA Self-Paced Financial Education course, students will build confidence, apply practical skills, and exhibit sensible behaviors related to money management. Specifically, they will:
- Build confidence to make financial decisions related to managing personal financial resources, building earning capacity, protecting assets,and financing large purchases.
- Apply sound foundational financial decision making principles through the many stages of life.
- Exhibit mindful money management behaviors that benefit themselves and their families.
Throughout the program students will reinforce transferable skills that relate to multiple course outcomes.
- Set financial goals.
- Use a decision-making process to weigh the options and consequences when making spending decisions.
- Analyze how personal values impact spending, saving, and planning behaviors.
- Utilize resources that are credible and timely.
- Manage personal financial records.